2009/07/08

Menswear Spring 2010 - Like and Dislike

Like: Comme des Garçons

I'm not a fan of Rei Kawakubo. But I have to admit that her latest collection captures my heart. I think the play of color helped her to get the highest score. Obviously, CdG delivered the most colorful collection in the menswear show: The dhoti pants in a fire-bird print, the patchwork college jackets, the colorful letter sweaters, and the lovely bow-ties, all these elements bring me joy and happiness.

As the start of the year, spring should be colorful and lively. And the cheerful color of CdG just matches the season perfectly.

Dislike: Burberry Prorsum
Maybe “Disappointed” is more appropriate than “Dislike” in this case.

I love Christopher Bailey and I really think he’s a talented designer. So I was surprised when I looked at the photos of Burberry Prorsum’s latest collection. It was kind of boring! The color tone of the whole collection was not cheerful at all and the looks were more like fall/winter than spring/summer. I’m pretty sure that the fabrics and materials were luxury as always, and the garments were perfectly made. But as a designer, Bailey was supposed to show us something new and interesting. What I could see were some beautiful clothes look-alike those in previous seasons. Well, I wonder if my expectation is too high or Christopher really did a “not so good” job this season.
Photo: men.style.com

1 comment:

  1. I really liked CDG, Burberry was a bit boring i must admit.

    ReplyDelete